Major update history
- Cookie related security updates.
SameSite default changed to Lax.
Cookies are not sent by default if they are not on the same site. (including all downloads)
- Added “Play Online” function when downloading video files from the web.
- Full capture function added again.
- Bug fixes.
- This version adds security updates related to cookies. The cookie request default has been changed to Lax to protect against cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks. (Including all downloads) When creating cookies on the server, if there is no SameSite setting, the Lax value is applied by default. Lax only sends cookies to the same site. This patch works properly when System WebView (Chrome) version 87 or higher is installed. For more information on SameSite, see the SameSite cookie description.
- When downloading from a web page, if the download file is a video, the “Play Online” function has been added, which allows you to play directly without downloading it. (Some streaming videos may not play.)
- The full capture feature that was removed with the introduction of partial rendering has been re-added.
- Major bug (issue) patches are as follows.
- Gesture behavior issues on webpages.
- Problem with filenames downloaded from webpages.
- The problem that the full screen is unlocked even when the pop-up is blocked when the web video is full screen
- Improved built-in video player.
(Due to Google verification, it may take up to a day to update.)
- Added tab view (multi view)
- Improved video player performance
- Bug fixes and optimizations.
Hi, We apologize for the late update.
A new tab view has been added. (bottom bar tab button -> tab menu -> Method -> Multi view)
“Multi View” is a tabbed view where you can preview multiple tabs.
You can remove a tab just like any other view by swiping left or right on the desired tab.
And in the case of tab view “Card view”, from the new version, you can swipe up and down the upper title bar to remove it.
Fixed bugs that occurred during the last few updates.
The main bugs are the ad blocker problem, which causes normal resources to be blocked, and bugs related to viewing the entire video have been fixed.
In the video player, when the video is on a white background, there is a problem that rewind and fast forward are not visible because the background is covered, so some UI has been fixed. Player related bugs were also fixed.
The ability to “Add to bookmark” has been added to the menu at the top right of the address bar. In addition, when adding through this menu, a pop-up has been added so that the title can be changed when adding bookmarks and quick launches.
Some of the other user requests have been added.
If you have any problems after updating the new version, please feel free to contact us.
Major update history
- Improved scroll rendering.
- Improved browser speed.
- Various other bug fixes and optimizations.
Hi, I am a Stargon developer. ^^
We were able to fix several bugs through many recent reports. It seems that some bugs were not completely fixed because unconfirmed bugs were analyzed and fixed only by code. If any of the bugs you inquired about are not fixed, please comment again and we will continue to look for them. The corrected issues are as follows.
- A phenomenon in which an afterimage appears on the bottom navigation bar when scrolling.
- A phenomenon in which a YouTube video is played after stopping when switching to full screen.
- A phenomenon in which page loading stops when clicking a link.
- A phenomenon in which the screen cannot be enlarged on some pages.
- A phenomenon in which the page goes to the wrong page when going back.
- A phenomenon in which the Open New Tab (+) button is hidden on the bottom bar.
- Text is broken on some pages.
In addition, we have fixed the issues found.
- The amount of ad blocking is displayed in the title at the top of the menu.
- Added warning display in address bar when not HTTPS secure connection.
We would like to thank those who provided feedback and those who supported us. thank you.
- Fixed download related issues.
- Other bug fixes.
Hi, This version mainly fixes bugs related to downloads. We were able to fix some bugs through many reports. The details of the modifications related to the download are as follows.
- The file cannot be downloaded.
- The phenomenon of being saved with the wrong file extension.
- Abnormal termination when sharing images.
- Freeze when opening an image in a new tab.
Other than that, the problem that the visited hyperlink color does not change after closing has been fixed, and the phenomenon that the number of files is displayed incorrectly when searching the archive has been corrected.
Also, Korean filter changed from List-KR to YousList due to ad blocking filter issue. If the ad blocker does not work properly due to the recent filter update, be sure to install this version.
Most of this version could be fixed through bug reports. If you have any problems, feel free to ask. It will be of great help to the development of Stargon.
Thank you to those who provided comments.
Hi, This update is as follows.
- Fixed an issue where the exit button option “Close all tabs” did not work.
- Fixed web session storage bug.
- Fix the problem that some sites do not download.
- Improved download performance.
- Fix cookie sync problem when downloading.
- Security-Related Patches.
- Fixed some other bugs.
Thank you to everyone who reported it. If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us ([email protected]). It will be of great help to the development of Stargon.
- Fixed scroll bug.
- Fix start page bug.
If the recent scrolling does not work, please update to the latest version.
When you update, partial rendering is applied by default. There were some rendering problems, so it was added as an option as a trial, but inevitably there was a bug in the latest webview (version 99 or higher), so it was applied as a default in the new version.
Thank you to everyone who reported it.
Major update history
- Apply web theme colors.
- Added real-time translation.
- Added partial rendering option.
- Added web clipboard copy function.
- Optimizations and bug fixes.
Hi, It’s been a while since I updated.
The details of the update will be briefly explained.
Web Theme Color Application: The color specified in the web page is now applied to the top bar (address bar) interface. This feature will appear in the specified color on the web page and can be disabled via Settings -> Websites -> Uncheck Web Theme Colors.
Real-time translation: Added real-time translation function similar to Chrome. Available via Menu -> Translate. There are three translation methods.
- Real-time translation: You can translate the web page you are using. (provided by google)
- Translate in New Tab: Translate the entire page in a new tab. This feature is currently not available in Korea. However, if you are using a VPN that can change IP, you can use it.
- Translate in Chrome: Translate through the Chrome tab.
When automatic selection is made, real-time translation takes precedence, and some sites that are not available for translation are translated in other ways in order.
- You cannot change the translation method when Auto Select is checked. When changing the translation method, please uncheck it.
If you select “Do not check again”, you can set options again by long-clicking on the translation menu.
Partial Rendering: Reduces memory usage by partially rendering web documents. This feature currently defaults to OFF and can be enabled via Settings -> Websites -> Partial Rendering ON. When using partial rendering, it is currently impossible to capture the whole, and there is a disadvantage that the bottom of the web page may be covered by the bottom bar. However, it has many performance advantages, so it is recommended to enable and use “Partial Rendering”. In the future, this function will default to ON state.
Other optimizations and bug fixes were made.
We will try to update frequently in the future.
We would like to thank those who submitted comments and reports. We would also like to thank our supporters for supporting Stargon Browser.
Donate – https://stargon.org/?p=131
- Web performance improvements and bug fixes.
Hello. In this version, most of the problems have been corrected through user bug reports. If you have any problems after using it, please feel free to comment.
The revision details are as follows.
- More efficient memory management.
- Web storage support.
- Dark theme improved.
- The maximum number of taps has been modified to be unlimited.
- Fixed incorrect favicon output in history and tab windows.
- Fix download notification window crash issue.
- Fixed the problem of downloading as HTML file.
- Fixed an issue where the option to delete files from the download library was not displayed.
- Fix web search and find not appearing in web popup (action mode).
- Other known bug fixes.
The bottom address bar will be supported in the next update.
Other features, such as web themes, which have been delayed due to several issues, are scheduled to be added.
Thank you to those who commented and those who supported us.
- Added setting to disable “Notify when download completes”.
- Background playback problem has been fixed.
Version 4.4.2 fixed a bug where background playback did not work in the previous version. FYI, background play doesn’t work on YouTube due to play store policy. If a separate extension function is introduced in the future, it seems that YouTube will also be possible.
Added a notification when download completes in the last 4.4.1 version. However, there is no function to disable this notification, so we added it in this version. To disable notifications that appear within the app, go to Settings > Website > Turn off notifications when download is complete.
- Added download completion notification.
- Bug fixes.
Hi. In this version, when the download is complete, a “download completion notification (pop-up)” appears at the bottom of the browser immediately. Click Open in the notification to run the file. (It disappears automatically after 5 seconds.)
Fixed the problem that sometimes more than 30 items were not checked when searching the visit history with a bug patch. Fixed other app crash issues and minor issues.
Thank you to everyone who provided comments.
May you always be happy and healthy in the new year. ^^